I'm excited to be teaching another PAD Tiny House Basics workshop with Dee Williams of Portland Alternative Dwellings on Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21. Here's are recaps of the February PAD Workshop and April PAD Workshop. Read on for details about this weekend's PAD Tiny House Basics Workshop.
Tiny House Basics Workshop: Introduction to Design & Building
July 20th & 21st, 2013, 9:00AM - 4:30 PM
Do you dream about building a tiny house? Our Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a house on wheels. We'll address:
- How to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer
- Moisture controls and ventilation
- Electrical, gas, and water systems
- Cultivating a home - the place and the people who make community
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations
The workshop includes one full day and one half-day of classroom-style learning, followed by a half day Tiny House Tour where the topics we've discussed are brought to life.