You know you're almost ready to begin building your tiny house when...
- You're making lists titled "Tiny House Helpers," "Truck Errands," and "Wall Raising Day."
- All the nooks and crannies of your current tiny home are filled with components for your future tiny home. (Examples may include: the sink stored in your window seat, the curved rafters on your front porch, or the power tools in your sleeping loft.)
- Your tool belt is hanging on a hook inside the door - right next to your little black dress, of course!
- Half the photos in your phone are either price tags or products you're considering.
- The other half are funny pictures of you and your build buddy attempting to chronicle the experience. (You can read about our adventures Getting Ready to Build over on Laura's blog or in my post Kicking Off Spring with Tiny House Prep.)
- You change your mind all day long, every day, about nearly everything.
- You've been to the hardware store three times this week and anticipate at least one more trip.
- You wake up at 3 in the morning wondering if you should reverse the swing of your door.
- You've been writing blog posts but you've neglected get them actually posted because it's now 7AM and you can start calling the hardware stores again to see who has the materials you're looking for.
And then eventually the big day arrives and Your Tiny House Build Begins.